(Friday’s bee-five is a little late- apologies)
This week I’m totally obsessed with:
1) my new necklace that I had made on Broadway last week. I loved the stone so much, I asked if I could custom make it with a B inside… and he did! I’ve been rocking it ever since.. And I loved it so much I had a ring made for my friends birthday also – There’s no website, no twitter, no facebook, just a guy on the street, with some gold wire, and a lot of creativity…
2) The New Chanel Denim Limited Edition fall collection. All week I’ve been obsessing over buying it. Last night at Fashion Night Out, I made a beeline right for the Chanel counter and picked it up. Next week, I’ll be obsessed with wearing it…
3) Reading A Place of Yes. The other week I was obsessed with getting it. Well, it finally came. And now I can’t put it down. God, I love that woman… She is so inspiring, on so many levels. I highly recommend.
4) The Missoni for Target line about to pop…. In my mind, I’m the only person who knows about the Harlem target. Hmm…. And even more exciting on that same note, these amazing Missoni inspired nails, that I HAVE to have!! All I have to say is…
You’re gonna need a bigger cotton ball…..
5) Fashion week. I know this is sac-religious to say, but I’m somewhere between praying to the fashion gods, and thinking that there is more to life. I care about important things going on in the world, but I still take 2 hours to plan a wardrobe. And I think I, like many other girls try to find the balance between ruling the fashion world, and letting it rule us. But this week, I have to put my jaded mask to the side, and admit that lots of events, and parties, and fashion week is … well, fun and exciting. I kicked it off with the IFB conference on Wednesday, where I listened to bloggers, and Joe Zee wax poetic on all things influencial and important. Last night was Fashion Night out, and tonight is Blogger Night Out, which should be very fun, and exciting, and of course, as always, visually stimulating. Lots to report in the upcoming week, but being me, you know I can’t report on anything without putting in my 2 cents…. Actually make that a dollar.
IFB – Independent fashion Bee
Top: Sheer blouse; Sanctuary
Jewelry/ Buddha Gold necklace: Vintage; from my mother’s closet. Chanel Gold bracelet: Vintage; thrifted. Snake silver bracelet: Whiting and Davis; my mother’s closet.
Views – 417