This week I’m totally obsessed with:
1. “LIVE EVERY WEEK LIKE IT’S SHARK WEEK”.- Tracy Jordan. I look forward to it all year long, and it finally came. I eagerly anticipate shows like “killer sharks”, and “summer of the shark”, but I also get a little teary eyed, as I know this week also signifies the last month of summer. I will continue to watch, and fear them all at the same time. Did you partake in shark week??
For more takes on shark week try this OP-Ed piece from the NY times
Or a video from the Huffington Post
2. Going to a Crab or lobster broil. I’ve been wanting to do this since last summer, and what better way to celebrate the inevitable ending of summer then getting together with a group of your friends and slurping oysters while devouring lobster tails, and crab legs. You could go on a date, but at least with girlfriends, you won’t have to be embarrassed when butter is hanging from your lip, or your crab accidentally flies across the table hitting someone in the eye. Mermaid inn has one that I will be partaking in every Tuesday through August.
3. Seeing the McQueen exhibit, during McQueen till Midnight, before it closes next week. This is what happens on the island when you want something so bad…you get it at the very last minute!! But personally, I think it’s more exciting, and much more New York to see it late night, right before the curtain closes.
4. Buying the Oster Myblend Blender for myself. I found it on Outblush.com, my new favorite shopping destination, and have been obsessed ever since. The Blend and Go. Click here to check it out
5. Finishing Hunger Games. Because reading on the subway is an art form. The delicate balance of holding your bag across your arm, dangling your hot coffee filled thermos from your pinky finger, all while reading diligently, still managing to flip the pages. To all the subway readers out there (of books- kindles do NOT count), I salute you, we are the future!! I have managed to subway read my entire way through Hunger Games, and have loved every minute of it. Before you tell yourself, ugh it’s another Twilight type kid’s book I warn you this: don’t judge a book by it’s cover. My discovery of Jennifer Lawrence in the lead of the upcoming movie version only piques my interest more…….
Click here to read more on Buzz Sugar.
Views – 378