Certain moves are just synonymous with Spring. Switching to ice coffee, beach vacations, colorful flowers, outdoor fitness, and the list goes on and on. This particular spring those things and more are more coveted than usual due to our very long wait for the arrival of the season. Much like the island of Manhattan that I love so dearly, certain things have their own signature. For springtime in the city, or wherever you live, it’s the arrival of these signatures that tells you its time to put away your winter wear, get your toes done, and really welcome spring. Here are five fun, easy ways to do just that.
1. Go Pastel and Match your nails to your M&M’s. Pastel is still going strong as a big trend this season, so play along and flaunt yours in a different way. Like on your nails. Or in your hands.
2. Get back on the Ice coffee wagon at Dunkin Doughnuts. Not only is it one of my favorite spring signatures, but right now Dunkin Doughnuts is offering a promotion that is music to my ears, caffeine addiction, and wallet. Buy their thermos and get a large iced coffee (or hot) for only 1.99!! I’ve been exercising my D.D. rights pretty much every day, especially as a Perks member. But hurry up, the promotion does eventually end on 4/30.
3. Recycle Your Clothing. Obviously, this is important anytime of year. But during the standard, mainstream “spring cleaning” season, why not indulge in the cliche a little and actually go through your clothing to see what can be donated. Not only will you feel good for paying it forward, but you will benefit in the process. Check out the below info for more of the benefits, and the do’s and don’t, including where you can go, and how to prepare clothing. Click on the picture and head to Alight see more.
4. Change up your Do. Nothing feels better than a blowout, haircut or new hairstyle. And with the arrival of a new season, especially a warm one brings the desire in many to change up their look. I used to be the queen of this, never being happy with a look for more than a few months, but in my older age, I’ve learned to embrace my own signatures. But that doesn’t mean I can’t still have a little fun. So I decided to go back to my favorite salon, which I haven’t frequented in ages, and get some blond highlights to warm up my look and match the new weather. More on my visit later.
5. Rock some floral sneakers. I’m completely obsessed with these new Nike & Liberty of London sky high wedges I scooped up recently. The floral is perfectly on point right now, and it’s the perfect accompaniment to any spring outfit, at least until it gets really hot. Check out some other Nike styles here.
Views – 641