Major beach style and new duds for a trip to Captiva Island, Florida
1. Comfy silk pants. For the longest time I refused to give this look a chance, turning up my nose at the idea of wearing some silly harem-like, trendy pant. Then I saw a pair of zebra print ones on sale for $7 while shopping on H&M, and I figured for $7, I’d give them a try. They have become my new go-to travel pant, perfect for both traveling, and beach, and just about anything else. They are essential for your next beach vacation or even just a jaunt in the city. Buy them for $7, here.
2. Beach coverup with versatility. I love the growing trend of beach cover-ups that you can wear off the beach, and in today’s time not only can celebrities not only do one thing, but fashion can’t either. Fitness-wear is meant to take us from gym to errands, and the more versatile a piece is, the more appealing it becomes. So, it makes sense that more and more beach wear is resembling things we can also wear off the beach. I love this Forever 21 baja print fringe cover-up. It’s perfect for the beach, with just enough modesty over a bikini, and even looks great over a white t-shirt and jeans later that day.
3. Cute flats. A pair of cute summer flats are essential this summer. These Pineapple ones are perfect for from passport to plane to party. H&M, $14.95
4. Beach waves. Essential for any beach vacation. I brought my hair dryer and straighter to Captiva, and it never once left my suitcase. Instead, I twisted, and twirled, used my new version of Beach waves, and basked in the casual curl of the vacation. Available at Harmon Discount Beauty.
5. Summer Sandals. A pair of sandals for summer that are both stylish, and comfortable is essential. I love this snakeskin printed pair from Madewell I got on sale for $12. Try a similar style here.
Sunglasses, Ray Ban.
Hair Charms, Charmsies.
Florida Charm bracelet, $99 at Beecharmernyc.com