One of everyone’s favorite things to enjoy in the summertime is delicious strawberries. The colorful, sweet fruit always brings back memories of heading out of NYC for the weekend with my mom towards strawberry farms, and other cool, non-city activities. I cherish those times, and while I haven’t actually picked a strawberry in quite some time, I make up for it in creativity around consuming it. Because whether picked, or bought, eating them is the best part! So if you need a strawberry fix now, here are 5 ways to enjoy them this summer. Which one is your favorite? Tell me in the comments!
1. Boozy fruit salad. In the summer, whether hitting the beach, or park, nothing is more refreshing than a delicious, fruit salad. But what makes it even better? Adding booze. Just a little bit can put that summer fruit salad over the top. Get the recipe here.
2. Detox water. I learned a new trick this summer. Instead of throwing away the tops of your used strawberries, upcycle them into something else, like infused water, one of my favorite things to play around with. And it’s the easiest things in the world. Just add all your tops to a pitcher, add lemon slices, and tons of ice. Then fill up the pitcher about halfway, let steep in the fridge, and enjoy! This is so tasty, and refreshing, and a perfect accompanient to dinner over sugary ice-teas or juices. Why not try some?
3. A Breakfast protein shake. I’m equally as obsessed with experimenting with smoothies as I with infused waters. There are so many potions, recipes, instas, ideas, and videos out there, and it can be overwhelming at times. But when you just want something simple, and easy, no juicers or vitamix 10,000’s required, I love this go-to breakfast smoothie. It’s just strawberries, blueberries, protein powder and greek yogurt. That’s it! Get that, and four more breakfast smoothie options from an earlier guest post with Meal Planning Monday on Yourstrongtower.com.
4. Pecan blue cheese salad. I scrambled this up on a whim the other day when I needed a quick lunch before running out the door. We had leftover strawberries which I knew, if left sitting much longer, would have to be thrown away; something which always upsets me. I took the remaining ones and threw them in a bowl, as I perused the kitchen for potential add ins. I had already eaten greek yogurt and cottage cheese earlier that week, and something simple and small would be enough to suffice. Bam! I threw in a few handfuls of pecans, and crumbled blue cheese. Topped it with some balsamic vinaigrette, and that was it. This is such a simple, delicious, and easy summer lunch!!
5. With Greek Yogurt and bananas for breakfast. Easy, fast, delicious, and one of my favorite ways to start the day! Add a little honey for extra sweetness!
Views – 212