Earlier this summer Style Island took part in a big, week long blogger cookout and giveaway that allowed for the chance to try a few specialty food items. Those items, including gourmet condiments from The French Farm, and natural BBQ sauce and spices not only inspired recipes for the project, but managed to achieve rotation in my kitchen long after it had ended. The evidence being that two months later, the truffle mayonnaise, (which I’d never tried before it arrived at my door) is a must on any sandwich I create. True Made Foods condiments still fill my fridge, including a bottle which was used to create these tasty BBQ chicken burgers below. They’re juicy and seasoned with rub; the savory BBQ just a little, extra cherry on top.
Add some salad or corn and you have a perfect summer-into-fall dinner for two, that you didn’t have to spend hours creating.
- ground chicken breast – 1 Lb
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large garlic glove
- 2 tablespoons BBQ seasoning – Wimpy’s BBQ rub by Swine Dining
- 2 tsp BBQ sauce – True Made Foods, $18.95 for a 3 pack.
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise (or truffle mayonnaise if you can)
- Mix the ground chicken in a bowl with all your ingredients.
- Create even, well rounded burger patties
- Place the patties in a large skillet, (or a grill if you have one). Watch, and flip carefully until cooked all the way through. About 10 minutes.
- While cooking burgers, pre heat oven to 350 and lightly toast buns, (if you’re using them).
- When your burgers are ready, place them on the buns.
- Add a few spinach leaves, and desired amount of BBQ sauce and truffle mayonnaise.
If you’re watching your weight, because who isn’t in the summertime, then try the diet version of your BBQ chicken burger. Just lose the bun, and substitute with a side of cottage cheese. When working in an office, this was one of my favorite lunches to bring to work.
Views – 27