A Las Vegas weekend getaway typically includes a few things. Drinks, maybe dancing, and a lot of gambling. But a weekend in Vegas can include a lot more than just the walls of your hotel’s casino.
Because under the surface of the bustling strip lies a different layer to the city. And uncovering it is one of the ways to find another side of Vegas. Beyond the flashy hotels are a multitude of Instagram worthy gems that are waiting to be explored.
Most vacations these days include some kind of photo diary. So, when trying to create that perfect vacay image, use Instasize to inspire you. The photo app allows you to edit color, size, and also gives you tools to perfect each picture.
Here are 5 Instagram worthy shots you need to get on a Las Vegas weekend getaway:
1. The Neon Museum. The Neon Museum is a must see for any vintage, typography, or old school Vegas lovers. It’s a massive outdoor museum resembling a junkyard of buried treasures. Old signage that pays honor to a city’s lost past.
This hidden gem of Vegas is also an Instagram lover’s dream.
Every piece warrants an idea and around each corner is an opportunity to see and do something cool. One popular trend encouraged by the museum is spelling out your name, (or other words) by collaging various letters found through the yard. Let Instasize help you play with the shapes of each sign to design something special. In this case, there’s lots to work with and create.
2. Tasty Instagram worthy food. If you need to get your dose of #foodporn, there are plenty of great and well known restaurants. One tasty day spot to visit is Eggslut because it’s home to some of the best egg and cheeses EVER. If taking a Las Vegas Weekend getaway, make sure to sit at the counter with a breakfast sandwich.
Doughnut lovers should also check out the majorly Instagram worthy Pink Box doughnuts located on the strip. Pick your favorite designs and then complete your shot with Instasize so it can leap off the screen.
3. A giant margarita. Vegas has long been known for trademark yard stick glasses but the newer trend is a massively giant cocktail. So, if people watching is your thing, head over to PBR Rock bar and Grill. Because you can do it with their Porch Pounder, a 100 ounce beverage, in your hand.
4. Georges Rousse’s Public art. Vegas has some amazing art installations that are free to view. Most notably, the first permanent public art installation by artist/photographer Georges Rousse. His piece is inside the Cosmopolitan’s Starbucks and has a cool feature.
Though visible from various angles it can be fully experienced from one particular vantage point. This is a unique method that includes the viewer and also makes for an elevated latte experience.
5. Vegas from above. If you really want to see another side of Vegas, then see it from above. The SlotZilla experience boasts a 12 story slot machine with oversized dice, pink flamingo and other iconic Vegas images. It lets you zip line over downtown making for some creative ways to see the city on a Las Vegas weekend Getaway.
To start creating, download Instasize here.