Your secret evening toke is becoming more mainstream than ever. Even a recent Ny Post article explained how today’s smoker isn’t the stereotypical cliche of a Big Lebowski-esque pothead anymore. But while it’s not universally legal or even totally acceptable across the country, there’s no denying marijuana has fully immersed itself in our culture more than ever. Even if you don’t classify yourself as a recreational pot smoker, here are some ideas, in case you wanted to see what all the buzz is about. In today’s world, there’s more than one way to get high, (metaphorically of course). In fact, our culture has embraced weed in everything from our food, to our travels, and style. Now put that in your pipe and smoke it!
Here are some cool weed trends you might want to try on this year’s 4/20 day, (or any other day for that matter), that are totally legit.
1. On your nail art. Nail art trends keep topping themselves, with everything from colors that change with temperature, to adding actual bugs, or even plants to your fingers. The emergence of weed nail art is taking the industry by storm, and though it seems, in some cases, complicated, and costly, it’s still worth buzzing about.
2. During your workout. There’s a new gym in San Francisco that not only offers getting high to clients, it’s built upon the belief that it can help enhance your workout.
3. Enjoying Luxury Chocolate. Gone are the days of simple pot brownies and gummy bears. These days, tastemakers and creatives are changing up the industry, infusing weed into gourmet, and luxury food items and meals. Chocolate and cannabis meet at this California company, where they spend their time crafting luxury infused chocolate.
4. With your Dinner. NYC is home to Sinsemil.la, the first supper club where marijuana is part of the main course. This underground dining experience highlights locally sourced ingredients and carefully curates each event with painstaking detail. Read more about this cool trend here.
5. Inside your wedding bouquet. The rise of weed themed weddings proves not only is the market expanding, it’s growing up a little. The audience which, for some, might have been relegated to dark, messy rooms, or surrounded by bongs and video games is growing up and getting married. So it’s only fitting, those predilections would follow them in other forms into adulthood. For some, an entire wedding party with a communal ‘weed toast’, or joint parting gifts might be the right fit. For others, (like myself!) subtler implementations do the trick too.
Views – 453