I recently returned from a week long vacation to Captiva Island in Florida, and what we kept saying more than anything, was how much it felt like we were on a tropical island vacation. We were in Florida, but it felt like we were in the Caribbean. So it was only fitting that, although I’ve now been back a week, (what feels like a month in post-vacation adjustment time), it was just in time for Caribbean Week NYC. The event, from the 1st through the 5th of June is the largest regional tourism activity in the NYC area, and features various media, and consumer events throughout the entire week. Summer is fast approaching, and up until a few days ago, it felt like it was already here, but the variety of events are sure to get your beach mojo going, and your vacation fever high. Here are 5 reasons to check out Caribbean Week NYC.
1. The Rum & Rhythm Benefit Auction on June 5th. This fun event benefits the CTO, Caribbean Tourism Organization, and is set to transport guests to another island of sorts, that includes cuisine, music, award winning rums, and more. The big night, being held at Tribeca 360 will conclude the week long events, and is dedicated to the experience and atmosphere that is the Caribbean. It will also include a silent auction and special appearances. Buy Tickets here.
2. Get a Taste for Caribbean Cuisine with the Celebrity Chefs Program. All week you can taste various types of the cuisine, and try samplings from local chefs who will be preparing caribbean dishes at a number of events. A place well known for it’s variety of European and African influenced food; the Caribbean celebrity chefs will delight all week with their skills, and penchant for creating fabulous fare. For a full list of where to sample everything, see below.
3. Peruse and buy vacations at special prices only available during this week, as promotion for the event.
4. There’s something for everyone from fashion, to food, to business and tourism events and opportunities. It’s the largest regional tourism activity in the Ny area, and showcases the sights, sounds, colors, culture and vacation experiences of the caribbean all in one, fun-filled week. So check out the full calendar of events, and start your island dreaming now.
5. Get your Island Vacation Fix without having to leave home or spend any money. Want to go on a tropical vacation but can’t afford to go right now? Whether you want to check out travel opportunities, or just explore what the Caribbean has to offer you, a trip to Caribbean Week can not only satiate your palate, but your desire to step outside the box, and see something different. I can’t promise long-term effects, but at least for one week, you can feel like you’re on a tropical island instead of a busy, bustling one.
This Story is in partnership with CTO (Caribbean Tourism Organization) and Cooperatize. All ideas expressed are my own. #sponsored
Views – 272