Anyone who knows me knows I have a slight obsession with anything Bee related. Not only do they cover a part of my body, but a large part of my apparel and accessories wardrobe. Between C. Wonder, Matches Fashion, Kate Spade, DVF, Lands Ends, and endless vintage jewelry, they are buzzing everywhere. Bees, in the last 5 years have played a very important role in my life, from the tattoo on the back of my neck, to the nickname I go by. To read more on this special relationship, click here. All reasons why I was more Bee crazy then usual this week, as I felt a buzz in the air everywhere I looked, and listened, from NYFW, to the passing of Joan Rivers. I’d like to think it represents something even deeper, but at the very least, the city is abuzz with something!
1. Frosted Bee glasses at One Kings Lane. Lately, I’ve been wanting everything I see at One Kings Lane, and can usually practice a great deal of self control. But when I saw these cute little Bee Happy glasses for only $16 I had to give in to the buzz. They’re perfect for a little afternoon delight! Set of 6 for $16, buy them here.
2. Nyc honey week. I was beyond excited when I learned about this week long celebration dedicated to the honey bee. Conceived by Brooklyn Grange, operating the world’s largest rooftop farm, and stemming from the annual honey fest, the popular project has now expanded into a week long festival. Honey themed dinners, tastings, cocktail classics and more fill the week, until it closes out with the fourth annual Honey Fest in the Rockaways. For more info check out nychoneyweek.com. Now through sept 14.
3. Bee pins from Joan Rivers Collection. This week, not surprisingly, sales and searches for Joan Rivers QVC collection dramatically spiked. After hearing a remark on tv about her love of bees, out of curiosity I decided to check them out. Turns out, she had an entire jewelry collection dedicated to various patterned bee brooches. Some, like a pineapple printed one are a little insane, but I kind of love the sunflower one. Now knowing this love of bees Rivers had, I like her just a little bit more.
4. Bee accessories for NYFW. Like one of my favorite Kate Spade hair clips. And my matching earrings.
5. Murrays Cheese bar. I’ve been taking cheese courses at Murrays cheese shop for many years, but it has been a long time since I’ve been back. This week though, the newer cheese bar has been on my mind, and I’m dying to go check out one of the weekly $10 flights. Or the weekender honey special on the brunch menu.
Views – 355