I’ve already mentioned I’m leaving the already muggy island of Manhattan for another island this weekend. I will be on Captiva, Florida for one week, and though it always seems hard to imagine those brisk walking toes sinking into sand in only a few days, I know once they do, it will be like they’ve always been there. As much as I love my hometown of New York City, everyone needs a vacation, especially during the summer months. So as I prepare to go Island hopping from the streets of the city, to the sand of Captiva, I’ve been mostly obsessed with preparing for the journey. It’s not what you take with you, it’s how you look when you get there. Okay, that might not be true, but I’ve still been obsessing all week long.
1. 1 day detox with Organic Avenue. Stay tuned for more on how this went later this month.
2. Vita Coco. Putting me in a different kind of “island” mood. I only recently started enjoying coconut water
3. Australian Gold spf 30 lotion. As I get older, I’m getting smarter. Not about everything, but at least a few things, one of them being my skin. Every summer, I get more and more freckles, wrinkles, and crows feet, and though I can’t stop the aging process, I can manipulate the speed in which it occurs. I’ve been getting much more diligent about sunscreen, so I was pretty excited when my recent Influenster box included a tube of Australian Gold. More on that later.
4. Pasta Zero spaghetti. Been trying to live a healthy lifestyle in preparation for the trip, and hopefully it will continue upon our return, but thanks to my recent Influenster package, I got a jump start on the season.
5. Bathing suit shopping. It comes around every year, striking fear into the hearts of women everywhere. Or at least, this woman.
Views – 146