Juliet famously told her star crossed lover that, ‘A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.’ The meaning behind this well known phrase generally being that someone or something’s name shouldn’t affect its destiny. While this thinking applied to their secret longing, I’ve noticed something in the last week that might prove otherwise. Roses are having a big moment. Between Pantone announcing Rose Quartz as a color the year, to the sudden, insane popularity of Rose colors in just about everything, it’s clear the roses trend is here to stay, at least through summer. But it’s not just the rose gold color that is having an impact, it’s roses themselves. I’m not sure if it’s just the excitement of warmer weather and blooming flowers, but lately, everywhere I look, everything is coming up roses.
1. The arrival of the Macarose. Last week, the popular gelato import Amorino opened its newest NYC location on the Upper West Side. With the new opening came another new arrival. The company’s latest creation, and their contribution to the food hybrid trend is the ultimate for those who love gelato, and pretty things. The macarose mixes gelato, sorbet and macarons and is a new twist on Amorino’s famous floral presentation. But more on this sweet, hybrid treat next week.
2. Avocado roses on toast taking Instagram by storm. More on this trend here.
3. The roses of Dior. Last Sunday, during my morning ritual of coffee and CBS Sunday Morning, I was captivated by a segment on Christian Dior’s home design and rose garden. Apparently, Dior was so entranced by the space he had rose bushes planted, which are still tended to today, and only bloom in May. They’re hand picked, and the basis for the company’s perfume.
4. Peach Rose Waffles from MaQ + Suz. I just discovered Suzanne Spiegoski and her MaQ + Suz blog, and I just love it. The same week, I saw she had posted these beauties. Roses are on everyone’s minds these days!Click Picture for More at MaQ + Suz
5. A new rose ceremony to obsess over weekly. A new Bachelorette season is back, and the only difference for me is I’m now a viewer. It also means that each week we’ll be subjected to another tweet-worthy rose ceremony. Besides, who can resist watching a pretty girl find her soulmate via a rose countdown. I wonder what Juliet would think?
To really get in on the fun use these homemade brackets and play along with Coming up Roses.
Views – 180