Most of us could only dream of having anything that resembles a celebrity wedding. And some of us could care less about that fact. But in the rare occurrence that a celebrity you like acts super chill, or does something you can actually aspire to, or copy, then it sometimes becomes kind of cool. As someone getting married next year, it’s even cooler when that falls into the wedding category. This week’s five things is a celebrity bride guide that you can totally copy without spending anywhere close to what these ladies have in their bank accounts. It’s also proof that being famous doesn’t mean you can’t be frugal, or super laid back. Here are a few ladies whose wedding ideas may just inspire some real life brides.
1. Marry at the courthouse like Kristen and Dax. Celebrity couples don’t quite do it for me like they used to. That being said, I love Dax and Kristen as a duo way more than I loved them separately, and I would certainly shed a tear should this perfectly paired duo ever announce a split. And if they weren’t already the cutest, those Samsung commercials make me want to just about jump right in and live with them, among the happiness, cooking, and cleaning. So earlier this month when adorable Kristen released images from their 2013 wedding at the LA courthouse, of course they only got cuter. Not only did they get major props for their low key, cool vibe, but even more so for reminding us that celebrities are still just people. People whose courthouse marriage deems way more response than yours ever would ,but people just the same.click for more at money.cnn.com –>
2. Wear a $100 dress a la Kelly Ripa. Earlier this year, Ripa posted a picture celebrating her 20th wedding anniversary with husband Mark (real life props for that alone!), and surprised people by sharing that she was wearing the same exact dress she’d married in 20 years earlier. And, that the dress was only $99. Not all of us can brag about an ability to fit into clothing from twenty years prior, but that doesn’t make Kelly’s frugal, fun style any less cool, or respectable.
3. Buy your wedding rings off Etsy which is what Mila Kunis did. Ashton’s wife announced earlier this year on Conan that she bought their rings off Etsy, and only spent $100 on his, ($90 on hers). Although she flashed a huge engagement rock at one time, Mila apparently wanted to keep married life more low key. How logical, frugal, and realistic of her… not to mention, kinda cool. I was already entertaining this notion, but after hearing this; knowing that a ‘celebrity did it’, I feel as if I’ve gotten the obligatory cultural, green light. And off to Etsy I go, to find platinum wedding bands.
4. Rock two totally different separates for your day just as Olivia Palermo on her big day. I was late to the Palermo train, but now I’m here, and I must admit, it’s glorious. Now that I’ve fully accepted and embraced loving her, I can also bask in some of her finer looks, which ironically, just happens to be her wedding dress. (Below). Not only am I completely obsessed with the look, but hoping I can use it as my own wedding look inspiration. Yes, most of us could only dream of custom Carolina Herrera. But the coolest part of Palermo’s style is that although we can’t afford the actual items, we can create our own, similar look. Bridal separates are huge right now, (hard to say which came first), meaning there is plenty of stuff out there to play with and buy.
5. Have a low key brunch at a restaurant like Carrie and Big. Okay, technically Carrie Bradshaw is not a real human being. But, celebrity and Hollywood is all about the fantasy, not reality, so on that notion, Carrie Bradshaw is a celebrity bride with a real life persona we can still feel okay wanting to emulate, even now. And there is nothing cooler than New York City bride Carrie. The one at the end I mean. The chill one who married Big at City Hall in a vintage unnamed suit dress, was surprised by her best girlfriends, and then went on the celebrate the festivities over brunch. I’ve heard my own upcoming wedding to be described as this before it ever was even decided so. But now that it is (at least the chill aspect), I couldn’t be happier, and there’s no fake celebrity bride I’d rather be like.click for more at Pinterest –>
Views – 168