5 things I’m obsessing over this week.
1. Eddie Bauer t-shirt. Literally, the softest, most comfortable t-shirt I’ve ever put on my body. Earlier this summer I was invited to the new flagship store on 5th avenue in NYC, where I was lucky enough to win a $500 gift card! (More on this to come.) That day, I settled only on a new pair of activewear pants, and a soft, purple tee picked out by none other than fitness focused blogger, NYC Pretty. I didn’t realize then that this little t-shirt would literally, become my summer uniform. Whether gym, errands, or even going out, this shirt is perfect for everything. No longer available in this style, but the long-sleeve version, perfect for fall, is on sale here.
2. Basquiat print. Recently, we checked out the Basquiat show at the Brooklyn museum, and I did something super old-school. I actually bought a print! For some reason, this seems like an almost archaic act, and I hate spending money in uptight, museum gift shops. Yet, the show had such an effect on me afterwards, and with Basquiat being my 2nd favorite artist, I had to honor the show by taking a part of it with me when I left.
3. Bodyblender sponge. Everyone’s favorite beauty tool just got a huge makeover and earlier in the month, I attended the launch for the new bodyblender. Working off the success of the beauty blender, the bigger sponge works takes the same approach, but for all over body blending and contouring. With the season of self tanners and applications upon us, it’s the perfect time to get to blending. Buy it here, $28.00
4. Stan Smith sneakers. My obsession with sneakers, old and new continues.
5. Revlon double grip clips. So, these are THE best hair clips I’ve ever used. For someone like me, with a head of hair so intensely thick it could supply an entire small village, the key to concise hair playing, twisting, turning, and more is in one word. Sturdiness. Not only do these stay in place but they pull together more hair than a normal clip, and don’t hurt your head. More on how these clips changed my summer hair later. $3.99 at Target.
Views – 422