Markets like the Brooklyn Flea, The Market and Artists and Fleas have become holiday mainstays in the city. Then there are the ubiquitous holiday pop up shops once relegated to union square but now, like everything else have massively expanded to just about any square or center in a 20 mile radius. But in the last few years and with the more recent growth of general pop up shops there has been a new influx of markets and a whole lot of new kids on the holiday block. Popping up literally everywhere from Midtown, to Long Island city and of course Brooklyn, these holiday pop up shops cater to specialty items, creative artisans, special holiday gifts and of course trendy, stylish people with fabulous taste…
1. LIC Flea and Food. This newer market is now the biggest flea market in Queens and also indoors every Saturday and Sunday through Dec 21st. Check them out here.
2. Hester St Holiday Market. This offshoot of the newly instated Hester St Fair, on the L.E.S. earlier this summer is now in Midtown for the holiday season. Their holiday version is outdoors in One Penn Plaza through Dec 21st and will have both curated vendors, and awesome food, plus caroling. What more could you want in holiday pop up shops I ask? Find out more here.
3. Brooklyn Night Bazaar. This super popular holiday night market, which started as a 4-night festival in 2011, is now leaving the pop up scene and becoming a full time resident hot spot. But it still makes our list just in the nick of time. One of the first of the crafts/food hybrid market, the now permanent resident of Greenpoint is known for it’s weekend night flea-market scene with live bands, delicious food stands from popular restaurants , beer & wine, cool art & Ping-Pong. Fridays and Saturdays, 7pm – 1 am.
4. Shwick. Holiday markets have been popping up all over Brooklyn in recent years, and Shwick is one of them. This holiday pop up is open through December and features treats, great gifts, and even christmas trees! Check out Shwick this weekend.
5. Brooklyn Pop Up Market. Of all the holiday pop up shops, this is the one I’m the most excited about and for good reason! This Sunday, December 7th, I’ll be there with my jewelry line, Beecharmernyc offering some charming holiday gifts and treasures! Another holiday version of a longer term BK market, the Brooklyn pop up market has moved indoors for the Sell by the L holiday pop up in Bushwick, Brooklyn. The market has an array of interesting vendors, and offers complimentary sangria and mimosas while shopping!
Stay tuned on the Beecharmernyc Tumblr blog – I’ll be sharing our day at the Brooklyn Holiday Pop Up There!
Views – 334