Lately, it seems like pancakes have been having a major moment! Every morning, I’m alerted to find out it’s either some national or local Pancake Day, or as I’ve previously reported, an entire NYC pancake Month. Today finally, we reach the pinnacle of this current trend with IHOP’s 10th annual National Pancake Day. Since starting this tradition in 2006, IHOP has raised almost 16 million dollars to support local, and community charities. Today, in IHOPs across the country, they will celebrate a decade of free pancake day with.. you guessed it, free pancakes!
Patrons can enjoy a free short stack of buttermilk pancakes, and in return, they’ll be asked to consider donating to various local charities.
And although IHOP is where the free stack can be found, there are lots of other delicious pancakes surrounding you on the island of Manhattan. So dive in, chow down and check out these five delicious options.
1. Free pancake day at IHOP. Find an IHOP near you here.
2. Breakfast for Dinner at Clinton St Baking Company.
3. Caramelized Pancake bits at Edi and the Wolf are to die for.
4. Lemon Ricotta Pancakes at Sarabeths. I just checked out the newer Park Avenue location this past weekend and enjoyed a snowy brunch over eggs, mimosas, and some unbelievable lemon and ricotta pancakes. Though we didn’t get the $20 unlimited drink special this time, come Spring we will be back for them. And some more pancakes. These are a little pricey, but worth every delicious penny.from: Eatupnewyork.com
5. Normas pancakes at the Parker Meridian. Normas, inside Manhattan’s Parker Meridien hotel, is famous for their brunches, more specifically, their pancakes. And while a brunch at Normas can certainly set you back a little money-wise, it certainly won’t set your appetite back. Get ready to indulge with choices like, Irresistible Banana-Macadamia Nut Flap Jacks, and Nutella packed jacks.
Views – 39