Today is national coffee day, and for someone like me, a self admitted addict, it’s both awesome, exciting, and enabling. Across the U.S, stores and brands are celebrating the day by offering special deals, and in many cases, free cups of coffee all day. Although this could be perceived as akin to a national cocaine, or speed pills day, caffeine addicts everywhere, like myself rejoice. And for those who are not necessarily addicts, but simply coffee lovers, the day represents a chance to do something we usually never get. Something for nothing. No matter what city you live in, there are events celebrating the big day, but of course, for us New Yorkers, the options are endless. From Mcdonalds and Dunkin, to specialty coffee shops all across the city (and there are a lot of them), there are plenty of ways to get buzzed for free.
1. Dunkin Doughnuts. In honor of National Coffee Day, they are offering samples of the new dark roast coffee for free all day.
2. McDonalds. For the last 2 weeks, McDonalds has been offering a free, small cup of coffee every morning, and the campaign ends officially today.click for more on Lifehacker.com
3. Krispy Kreme. To celebrate the big day, and Monday blues everywhere, Krispy Kreme is offering a free 12 oz cup of joe. For only $1 you can get a latte, or iced version. That mixed with one of their crack doughnuts equals freebie heaven.
4. The Central Perk Pop Up for Friends 20th anniversary. Earlier last week, I wrote about my fun night attending the preview event for the Central Perk pop up coffee shop. Although there are many fun reasons to go check this out, there is no more appropriate time then today, for national coffee day. While you are there, snag a free cup of coffee courtesy of partner, Eight ‘o clock coffee. The pop up, located in Soho, remains open until Oct 18th.
5. Tim Hortons. Like the brand on facebook, and get a buy one, get one free coupon.
Views – 550