We’ve been tortured for too long now. Nature has been fucking with us; not purposely I know, but still. We’ve gone from random patterns of 65 degree days to ubiquitous news watches for a blizzard that while it did deliver slightly, managed to upset more people in it’s slight size than deliver happy snowmen. Finally, we saw a slight reprieve when Monday, the first day of spring, (finally) welcomed warmer days. Yesterday, the second day, also National Flower Day seemed to echo the spring sentiment and an ushering in of new, warmer weather and moods ahead. But alas, we were wrong. Today, the third day brought freezing temperatures yet again. A heat pipe which is clamoring, quite literally at being used, and a closet left wondering, how are you going to spring clean me when you can’t move your winter wear out yet? Lucky for us, spring brings more options than it’s wintry friend, including new spring outerwear ideas. We must be quick, because spring moves fast, especially in New York City. Before you know it, everyone will be complaining of heat and humidity, and the lovely orchids and momentary optimism of spring will be gone. The big blanket wrap that you can finally wear as a jacket, mint sweatshirts that double as outerwear, and lightweight anoraks are all a part of your stylish transition into spring. Get into your closet and find some versatile spring outerwear ideas to try now, starting with the below.
1. A silk bomber. These are still in style, but probably won’t last many more seasons so take advantage. Especially when they’re this cool, like this Ami Clubwear version I wore to my bachelorette late last year.
2. A vest.Vest, J Crew Kids. Scarf, Madewell.
3. A lightweight jacket.Leopard jacket, Target. Leopard flats, Target.
4. Chunky cardigans.dot cardigan, H&M. Leather leggings, H&M.
5. A soft graphic sweatshirt.
Sweatshirt, Skreened.com, $48.00
6. Blanket wraps. Perfect for both spring, and fall, and always a welcome way to celebrate the warmer season.blanket wrap, H&M.
7. Colorful mid season jacket.
Views – 313
Pingback: Fun hot Weather Trends to Wear This Summer - Style Island