1. White Gloves. Since Amal Clooney is already, for some reason, considered a style icon, I predict that we will see a huge rise in vintage glove searches on Ebay, Etsy, and your grandmother’s closet. The actor’s wife wore long, white gloves with her haute Dior gown to the 2015 Golden Globe Awards last night, promptly setting off a firestorm of talk, and most likely, trends.Click picture for more
2. Amazon Prime Viewership. In a surprising twist, Transparent, the breakout and first Amazon Prime show took home some top honors at the Awards, including Jeffrey Tambor for best actor, and best show-comedy. This felt like a new concept just a few years ago when Netflix started making tv shows. Now, though, with the success of Amazon’s first go at it, this can only be the beginning for the company, and others to follow. Watch it here.
3. The year of the Boob. 2014 was the year of the booty, and if last night’s red carpet, or Jeremy Renner’s now infamous quote were any indication, 2015 will be the year of the boobs. Almost every starlet that walked down the carpet was flaunting an asset, mostly in the cleavage section, including the showing skin notables of the night, Kate Hudson, and of course the one and only Jennifer Lopez.
4. Navy Blue Comeback. Personally, I have always loved this color, even mixing it with black, which has been long been considered a faux pas. The color has had some moments in the spotlight, but never garners the same respect as say, dark reds, or pretty pastels. But some of last night’s starlets were decked in the color proving that going forward, navy might be a color to be reckoned with.Kelly Osborne. Katherine Heigel, & Sarah Hyland at a Globes pre-party all in navy blue dresses
5. Clooney Coupling or the art of adoration. The effervescent Clooneys succeeded in starting two trends last night; the return of elegance via white gloves, and the return of adoration. When George Clooney started saying, “…. It’s humbling when you find someone to love..”, to the moment he ended with, “I’m proud to be your husband”, females across America sighed and swooned. In a day of breakups and makeups every five seconds, Georges brief yet powerful ode to his wife and marriage will be emulated in wedding speeches to come throughout 2015.
Views – 583