No matter how many people you have at home, we’re all the same when it comes down to one, common, nightly question: What do we eat?? Living in any metropolitan city, especially Manhattan typically makes for a busy lifestyle. In fact, some of us thrive on that very thing. But when it comes to being home, and having dinner, it should come down to do things; congregating with family, (even if it’s just two of you), and simplicity. Here are a few easy weeknight meals for two that are simple to whip together, and sure to please whomever you’re feeding.
5 easy weeknight meals for two:
1. Greek Chicken platter. It may sound complicated, but getting a Greek platter going for dinner is pretty easy. The only real planning is in buying the kebab sticks. Take balsamic grilled chicken (I use the Foreman grill for fast results, but whatever you like works). Cook some rice pilaf, (20 min). Throw together a quick cucumber salad, covering them with vinegar. (You can also add feta and tomato). For a faster meal prep, use bought tzatziki. If you’re feeling more adventurous its quite simple to make too. Greek yogurt, super finely chopped cucumber, and loads of spices and seasonings.
2. Ground turkey spinach pasta. This is a constant weekly go-to, mainly because of its tastiness and simplicity. Ground up turkey, and while cooking, boil pasta. Drain, and mix with tomato sauce. After turkey is cooked, add spinach to pan, olive oil and cook for another 10-12 minutes. Once ready, move everything to the pot of pasta. Mix, and serve.
3. Tomato tortellini soup. This soup is so tasty and epitomizes cold, winter nights. Not quite as simple as making chicken noodle, its an easy idea that packs a hearty punch. And sure to please your family on cold, winter nights. Get the recipe that inspired my soup here.
4. Spinach pesto pasta. This is a household favorite. Although usually, a protein is added to my husband’s portion, to make the meal a little more substantial. If you’re happy to devour a good plate of pasta though, this easy, uncomplicated recipe is perfect. All it takes is a quick mixture. Add Spinach, walnuts, grated parmesan, garlic, and a few tablespoons of olive oil to your blender or food processor. Once done, pour over your pasta.
5. Chicken enchilada bake. This one pan recipe is a great weeknight meal for two or more that involves little prep and clean up. Add chicken to a large baking dish, then cover it in enchilada sauce. Add a layer of tortillas, then refried beans. Then top that with heaps of shredded cheese. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove, let cool off, and enjoy Mexican night!Views – 1266
Pingback: 5 easy weeknight meals for two - NKC