It’s that time of year, when everyone is either having a wedding , or attending a wedding, and these days, the conventional gift of moola, while of course desired, can sometimes feel archaic. With the rise of social media and Instagram, wedding pictures are more prevalent now and everything from decor, to that dress are photographed and posted immediately. That artistic individualism has also brought way to more creative wedding gift ideas, and more choices then ever for the bride and groom. Here are 5 wedding gift ideas that would make a perfect extra or accompaniment to the conventional cash.
1. boxfoabottle. I heard about this company on the Today show one morning, as I left it on in the background. However, amidst working over the background noise I perked up when I heard them talking about the customized wine bottles. I thought to myself what a perfect wedding gift, and made a note to check them out. The company features all kinds of different personalized wine boxes including wedding gifts and bridal party favors. I’m planning on picking up this customized wine bottle shortly.As anyone who knows me knows, I love a good monogram, and a good bottle of wine. $50, prices vary
2. Mark and Graham Monogram Tray. Chic copper tray monogrammed with the couples initials is chic, simple and creative. $175
3. This wood wedding sign is a little rustic, a little eccentric, and very romantic. Regardless of individual style, it’s a great gift to give a newly wedded friend and you will look hipster chic, if that’s your thing. For more creative wedding gifts like this one check out the Scoutmob Shoppe site. http://scoutmob.com/p/Rustic-Just-Married-Wood-Sign, $50
4. Personalized ring holders on Etsy. Although some may think it too personal a gift, what can I say, I’m a personal person. I have always prided myself on my ability to give not just any item, but something special to that individual. That is part of the reason it parlays so much into my wedding gift giving as well. It’s also why I tend to love these custom ring trays/saucers with customized date. I think it’s unexpected, silly and definitely stands out from the crowd. Plus, you won’t have to hear her complaining ever that her ring fell down a garbage disposal.
5. I already love anything Kate Spade so it’s no surprise that I am just as obsessed with their wedding and bridal accessories. I always love gifting from the site; past gifts include business card holders, luggage tags and diaper bags. Take an old tradition and give it a twist with this wine decanter which screams sophistication. And lets face it, you’re all grown up now. $70, Kate Spade
Views – 483