This year, for one of the first times, I’m less focused on not only getting, but giving as well. Usually, I live to give; priding myself on getting great gifts for my love, and friends. But this year, that fire was missing this Valentines Day. More important was saving money. Which is why it’s so important to realize that the annual holiday is not just about being attached, or valued presents. It’s about things that show how much you love someone else. Sharing a meal, a deal, a movie, or a cookie. Here are 5 Valentines day gift ideas that are super cute, not corny, and don’t break the bank.
1. The Love Stories Journal. This book is a mixture of your teenage diary, a first date chat, Facebook, Twitter, and your private mind all wrapped in one. The love stories anniversary and relationship journal features pages that prompt questions and that allow for writing down old memories, and making new ones. Places for first anniversary photographs, highlights of first year together, and hopes for the future allow for couples to create a special memory by showcasing their love through the years, all the way to 25 years. The only question is, will you make it as far as the book does? It’s a fun gift, not only because it brings up fun memories and prompts new ones, but it also is a great way to sneak in some communication. Find out more here.
2. Stay indoors with a Netflix and Cheese Party.
3. Make breakfast in bed. It’s a super simple, very inexpensive way to show someone just how much you care. Plus you’re telling someone, ‘you deserve this’, and who in their right mind would fight that logic.
4. Frame a special memory. Like a matchbook from the restaurant of your first date, or a memorable concert. It’s affordable, but more importantly, it’s better than any store bought gift in that it takes thought and care. Two things that truly mean you love someone else. Pick out a special concert night, or maybe where you had a great date.
5. Send Flowers with BloomNation. Lets face it, sometimes flowers are just nice. But somewhere between fancy florist boutiques, and generic 1-800 basket numbers lies a flower business that is quite literally, blooming. Enter your zip code and filter as you wish. You can then select from a variety of beautiful, unique arrangements and one of a kind designs. Upon choosing, you’ll receive a “BloomSnap”; a photo of your completed order before delivery. Flowery delivery has never been easier or more chic.
Views – 76