Today is National pancake day, in case you didn’t know. So rejoice, and enjoy a short stack to celebrate. Here are a few scrumptious choices to honor this tasty day.
1. Free pancakes at IHOP. Enjoy a free short stack courtesy of the company between 7 am and 7 pm during National pancake day today. IHOP inspired the tradition, and it’s also their biggest charitable effort of the year. If you want to truly celebrate the spirit of the day, hit up your local house of pancakes now. But beware, many others will likely have the same idea, so prepare to wait.
2. Gluten Free pancakes at Senza Gluten. Don’t let the trendy words fool you. These pancakes have major appeal whether you’re actively seeking out gluten-free, healthy eating, or neither. And the blueberry pancakes at this 100 % gluten free restaurant in NYC’s West Village happen to be amazing. But more on them later, in some upcoming food buzz.
3. Famously popular flapjacks at Clinton St Baking Co. I’ve talked about my love for Clinton St before, so why should this year’s pancake day be any different? This famous NYC spot has always been notoriously hard to brunch at, but that’s now changing with the restaurant finally taking reservations. You need to put these pancakes on your bucket list, even if you don’t make it there today.
4. Oreo pancakes at Stanton Social. Satisfy your sweet tooth today with these 5 – yes 5 layer Oreo pancakes. They’re the creation of Chef Chris Santos, and clearly deserve some photography before consuming. More on these, and the Stanton Social brunch to come soon.
5. Nutella stuffed pancakes at Normas. Located inside the Parker Meridien hotel is one of my favorite brunch spots. Although Normas has the luxury feel of the hotel it’s inside, you don’t have to be staying there to enjoy their delicious brunch. Today, check out their many enticing pancake options which include the aforementioned Nutella option, as well as macadamia nut, banana, and much more.