This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BalanceRewards #CollectiveBias
By now, you have a million apps in your phone, ipad, and stocked on itunes. You have bank cards, credit cards, coffee cards; everything to let you use money, spend money, and save it. And you might even already have the Walgreens app. Now, the super store has upgraded their Balance Rewards program in a pretty amazing way, with the new healthy choices program. And whether you’re new or returning, it’s time for an upgrade of your own. The app, as I’ve mentioned in the past, allows you to earn points by doing every day things like shopping, and helps you save with in store coupons and store circulars. This new initiative not only increases how you can now earn those points, but helps you to keep healthy goals and focus on wellness. Now, that’s an app with a heart.
Here are five ways to work on those goals, stay fit in the city, and earn points doing it all. With so much going on in a given day, between family, fitness, funds, and everything else, life can be quite a juggling act. Luckily Walgreens healthy choices and the balance rewards program is helping us with that balance, both literally and figuratively.
1. Use the City as your Playground and keep track of your Progress. Gyms can be expensive, and yoga studios can be crowded. Take to the streets, and be inspired by finding new, creative ways to stay fit and make healthy choices. Keep track of all your activities and progress by linking up a fitness tracker, like my fitness pal with the balance rewards app. Keep a log, update your activities daily, and get rewarded for working on your wellness. Its that easy!
2. Monitor your walking. Once you’ve linked up a fitness device, and now, there are lots to choose from, monitoring not just your fitness, but your every move is a breeze. Track your daily walking, and watch your rewards go up without barely having to lift a finger. Just as long as you lift both legs.
3. Use rewards points and coupons to buy everyday, healthy items. Staying fit, active, and busy is something we all attempt to work on. Staying focused on these goals can not only result in long term wellness for you, but with the Walgreens app, might also help with long term savings. Save money, and stay on track, by using your balance rewards to buy anything you need. During working on, and writing this story, I ran out to the Walgreens on my corner and bought some water and a Kind bar to get me through. And I didn’t spend a cent.
4. Rent a Citi bike. An affordable, short term solution to an easy, fall day workout.
5. Test your heart rate to keep track, stay aware, and earn points with Balance Rewards. With the healthy choices program, it’s not only walking, or working out that can work to earn you points and savings. Other health related activities, like keeping track of your water intake, or measuring your heart rate can also work. Simply save all your data in the balance rewards app, and make your heart go pitter patter with weekly sales.